Solve Unamusement: Format!

View Elsewhere

Solve Unamusement has been closed, but that does not mean you can't still find random amusements or keep in touch with the former author of this blog.

Everything shall be on the author's deviantART journal and there is a feed to go with it.

The Dudel Journal

Format!


People, please, if you downloaded the VBA and have not formatted the setting to allow for all game compatibility do that now. Due to my own special behavior I had forgotten to actually format my GB(C)/GBA emulator the VBA and it cause a failure in its memory. This turned out to not be such an uncommon problem was was very user error.

See the issue was that the emulator could not figure out what file size it was to save as. This isn't a problem with the cartridge and handhold directly as they quickly and easily respond to each other and recognize file save formats. However, when emulating a system there is not always a direct recognition so one must first force the format.

The solution was rather simple, if not irritating on my own part. One only had to switch the memory settings to "Automatic" and "128K" and turn on the real time clock, which I did. The problem is that these things had been done after the game save was created so a new one needed to be made.

That last part, I did not know. Figuring it was simply a small problem with the emulator and easily fixed with save sates, which it was for the most part, I trucked on. However, soon I realized that the game I was playing, Pokemon Fire Red, needed to be able to actually hard save to the ROM. This was because of actual events within the game that require a real save to exist. Such as completing the game and allowing for trade and/or link battle.


Here is a link to my special behavior.
Some might get a kick out of, I know I find it amusing.



0 comments

 
|  Solve Unamusement. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger